We have had some amazingly generous donations to our recently established Education Fund which has been setup in response to the Boxing-day Tsunami which devastated Sri Lanka. After a trustee visit to Sri Lanka in April 2005 it has been decided to support a number of schools affected by the Tsunami disaster. In particular we will be supporting schools within Mutur in the North East – providing resources, furniture and also contributing towards the cost of employing extra English teachers.
Other Related Posts...
- VESL’s future beyond 2014
- Volunteer Case Study: First Football Team
- Volunteer Update: Bob in Sri Lanka IV
- Volunteer Update: Bob in Sri Lanka III
- What was your VESL moment?
- Wild Fund: English Signs in Sri Lanka
- A Review of 2013
- International Volunteer Day 2013
- Where to find VESL in 2014…?
- Volunteer Update: Bob in Sri Lanka II
- Introducing our Student Leaders for 2013/14
- Volunteer Update: Bob in Sri Lanka
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Like VESL – tell your friends…
Past Volunteer Feedback
- Travel Advice: Homesickness April 23, 2014
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Dhanya April 15, 2014
- Teaching Advice: New Ideas April 14, 2014
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Renata April 8, 2014
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Ola April 1, 2014
andhra pradesh Awards case study chiang rai classroom clothing co-ordinators communicate contact culture ESL resources faq feature feedback food funding fundraising gap year homestay india kerala money packing past vols research school selection songs sri lanka student leaders students teachers teacher workshops teaching teaching activities TEFL tefl course thailand transport travel advice trustees uni projects video volunteering wild fund