We have had a huge amount of support from different organisations over 2012, so we would like to say a HUGE thank you to all of those who have supported our volunteers and made donations to VESL.
Trusts and Foundations
We would like to thank the following trusts and foundations that have supported our volunteers going to India and Thailand in 2012:
- Ripley Trust – £300 donation
- SPRET – £200 donation
- Jack Petchy Foundation– £280 donation
- Bolton Lions Club – £200 donation
- Lewes Lions Club – £250 donation
- Rotary Club of Heathfield and Waldron – £250 donation
- Marit and Rausing Trust – £250 donation
- The Inner Wheel Club of Seaford – £100 donation
A huge thank you to the following businesses that have supported VESL through our volunteers in 2012:
- Haslams Estate Agents – donated £1,100 towards Melissa Hughes project in Sri Lanka in 2012
- Lupus Travel – who donated £85 towards Lauren Pluss’ project in India in 2012
- Barry Grainger Insurance Brokers – who donated £100 towards Lauren Pluss’ project in India in 2012
Also a massive thank you for Maltby Academy for their continued support, in 2011 they raised £700 to support projects in India and after running a second Global Community Links project in 2012 they will be raising money for VESL again in 2012 and 2013 to continue supporting rural schools in India.
We would also like to say thank you to all our volunteers who put loads of effort into fundraising for their projects this year, we have seen sponsored sky dives, sponsored head shaves, cake sales, car boot sales, bag packing events and many more… we appreciate all the effort you have gone too to hit your fundraising targets and raise awareness of the work is doing overseas!