“Being the only volunteer at the school I certainly got plenty of attention and was really well looked after by the Thai teachers and students – I never went hungry that’s for sure and I quickly learnt the Thai for ‘I’m full!’. The teaching was great fun and, as someone with little prior experience, I would definitely say that it’s not as scary as you might think! The main thing that I will take away with me is the kindness of everyone that I met, and some of my best memories were weekends spent at the family homes of some of the teachers – a really special experience.” Alisdair Smith, Volunteer in Thailand, 2011
Volunteer Feedback : Alisdair Smith
By Ian on January 7, 2012 in Volunteer Feedback
Other Related Posts...
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Renata
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Ola
- Fundraising: 24 hour erg
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Katie
- Fundraising: Chilli Challenge
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Becky
- Volunteer Case Study: First Football Team
- Fundraising: 10km Run
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Becca
- Volunteer Update: Bob in Sri Lanka IV
- Fundraising Ideas For The Office
- Volunteer Update: Bob in Sri Lanka III
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Like VESL – tell your friends…
Past Volunteer Feedback
- Travel Advice: Homesickness April 23, 2014
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Dhanya April 15, 2014
- Teaching Advice: New Ideas April 14, 2014
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Renata April 8, 2014
- Volunteer Co-ordinator: Ola April 1, 2014
andhra pradesh case study chiang rai classroom clothing co-ordinators communicate contact culture ESL resources faq feature feedback food funding fundraising gap year homestay india kerala money packing past vols research Safety school selection songs sri lanka student leaders students teachers teacher workshops teaching teaching activities TEFL tefl course thailand transport travel advice trustees uni projects video volunteering wild fund
No comments yet.